Apple Mac mini M1 Chip (Late 2020)
- Apple M1 8-Core CPU
- 16GB Unified RAM | 512GB SSD
- 8-Core GPU | 16-Core Neural Engine
- Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) | Bluetooth 5.0
The Apple Mac mini now features Apple’s first chip designed specifically for Mac. The Apple M1 integrates the CPU, GPU, Neural Engine, I/O, and more into a single system on a chip (SoC). All of this boosts the Mac mini to an entirely different level, as it features up to three times faster CPU performance, up to six times faster graphics, and up to 15 times faster machine learning with the 16-Core Neural Engine. You’ll be able to work, play, and create on a Mac mini with more power and speed than previous models, making it suitable for home offices, gaming, music creation, digital art and signage, and more. Adding to the Mac mini’s power is 16GB of RAM, which helps to ensure smooth multitasking and also allows the computer to quickly access frequently used files and programs.
The 8-Core GPU delivers a sharp, clear picture, and you’ll be able to output video to an external display using the system’s Thunderbolt 3 ports, which feature native DisplayPort output, or use the built-in HDMI 2.0 port. You’ll be able to connect one 6K / 60 Hz display using Thunderbolt 3 and a second 4K / 60 Hz display using HDMI 2.0.
For storing your files, this Mac mini is equipped with a 512GB SSD that delivers speeds of up to 3.4 GB/s. If you want to add external peripherals, two Thunderbolt 3 / USB4 ports that support bi-directional transfer speeds of up to 40 Gb/s, as well as 10 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 2, plus charging and power for external devices. Thanks to two 5 Gb/s USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports, you’ll still be able to connect other devices to this system. Gigabit Ethernet is built in for wired networking, or use Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) for wireless access. Bluetooth 5.0 technology will allow you to connect additional compatible peripherals, including keyboards, mice, and headsets. Sound is output using a 3.5mm headphone jack. Apple’s Mac mini operates using an internal 150W power supply that runs off 100-240 VAC at 50 to 60 Hz.
This Mac comes preloaded with macOS. Updates can be downloaded for free via the Mac App Store. Please check Apple’s website for upgrade eligibility Also, please be aware that a keyboard and mouse are not included.
New Guts, More Glory
M1 – Small Chip, Giant Leap
8-Core CPU – Max Power, Mini Footprint
Incredible Chip Input, Unbelievable Graphics Output
16-Core Neural Engine
Versatility – Fits In, Rocks Out
Digital Art and Signage
When Compared to the Previous Generation, the M1-Powered Mac mini Can
- Compile code in Xcode up to three times faster
- Play a graphics-intensive game like «Shadow of the Tomb Raider» with up to four times higher frame rates.
- Render a complex timeline in Final Cut Pro up to six times faster
- Take music production to new levels by using up to three times as many real-time plug-ins in Logic Pro
- Magically increase the resolution of a photo in Pixelmator Pro up to 15 times faster
- Utilize ML frameworks like TensorFlow or Create ML, now accelerated by the M1 chip
- Future updates are coming to Adobe apps